Planning ahead for 2017? I hope so, because the first-ever Alaska Travelgram PFD Travel Fair is happening on Saturday, September 24 in Anchorage, with a full docket of ideas and destinations to make this your family’s best travel year ever.
If you follow AKontheGO’s social media accounts you know our commitment to digging deep for the best family travel opportunities around Alaska and beyond. We know how much time and resources are required to take the whole family anywhere, especially for Alaskans who may not have ventured far beyond their home turf.
Now is the time to travel with your children. It is possible, it is affordable, and it can become a reality if you have the proper tools.
Visit the Alaska Travelgram PFD Travel Fair Saturday between 12-5 p.m. at the Sheffield Railroad Depot located within the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. There will be food, there will be music, there will be a Kids Zone<—-sponsored by AKontheGO and Kaleidoscape Play Studio. But most important, there will be information about flights, destinations, activities, and ways to make travel in and out of Alaska an easier process.
– FREE parking at the airport’s long term lot <— here only, so make sure you go that direction.
– Tickets are $10, and available HERE. Kids 12 and under are FREE.
– Prizes will be awarded on the hour, and you only have to be there for the grand prize, presented at the end of the day (oh, it involves a trip to the Cook Islands!). Other prizes include trips on the Alaska Railroad, to Talkeetna Roadhouse, the Kenai Peninsula, and more.
– Food will be available via plethora of food trucks and the newest airport vendor, Sushi On the Fly <—you can see why we like it.
– The Kids Zone is for youngsters 12 or under, and will include crafts, activities, and an opportunity to purchase your signed copy of Alaska On the Go: exploring the 49th state with children. Kaleidoscape Play Studio also plans to have discount coupons available for those families who stop and stay a while.
Questions about the Travel Fair, family travel, or Alaska? Give us a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to answer them. Tips: Plan on at least a few hours. Ask questions, bring a pad of paper, a calendar of possible travel dates, and a willingness to be flexible.
See you on Saturday!